Southampton Flagpole, Southampton
GPS: 44°29’51.82″N 81°22’36.497″W
Return Trip Time: 45 minutes
The Clue: Find a clue at the High Street flag pole!
Captain John Spence is credited with playing a major role in the establishment of Southampton in 1848. In his honour, a Captain Spence Interpretive Plaque can be found on the Captain Spence Trail, which runs from the base of the flag on High Street in Southampton north to Pioneer Park.
While you’re in the area, don’t miss:
- A paddling adventure on the Saugeen River with Thorncrest Outfitter’s
- Freshly baked goods at Offshore Bakery
- Learning about Bruce County’s history at the interactive Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre
- Play a Tennis Match at The Southampton Tennis Club. Borrow a racquet and balls for free!
- Sampling a locally-brewed pint at Outlaw Brewing Company
- Grilled breakfast paninis and delicious coffee at South Stables Coffee House