Passport Stop #4
While you are here:
Follow the Oliphant Fen Boardwalk
- The Oliphant Fen is a boardwalk built by local field naturalists.
- It’s a ¼ km walk through viewings of lady slippers, gentians and many other wild flowers not normally found in any other part of the world!
Surf the GIANT sand dunes
- Sand dunes of former glacial Lake Algonquin provide soils for the forest that flank the Ranking River.
- Can you make it to the top? Give it a whirl and stake your claim.
- Take a krazy carpet or saucer and toboggan down the dunes in the summer!
Frolic in the rapids at Sauble Falls Provincial Park
- Sauble Falls Provincial Park is a must see in any season.
- In Spring and Fall, rainbow trout and Chinook salmon leap and thrash their way up the falls.
- Summer fishing is great for small mouth bass and perch.
- The Sauble Hiking Trail provides a leisurely stroll across scenic vistas that overlook the Sauble River.
- Boat launching is available at the Sauble Marina and municipal boat launching dock at the mouth of the river.
Sauble Beach Events
- 28th Annual Motorcycle Toy Ride
- Canada Day in Sauble Beach
- Sauble Sandfest
- Sauble Beach KiteJam
Stop #4 Videos
There are currently no videos posted for this stop. Check back soon!