Splash Pad, Wiarton
While you are here:
Complete the Wiarton Willie Walkabout to win the Wiarton Willie BaseCamp Prize.
How to play: you must visit the Wiarton Splash Pad inorder to qualify for the minimum of 7 of 12 Adventure Passport Stop. Visit the additional 4 Wiarton Willie Walkabout Stops inorder to win the Wiarton Willie BaseCamp Prize.
Wiarton Willie Walkabout A. Wiarton Willie’s New Home
- Wiarton Willie moved across the street to have a waterfront view home
- He now hangs out at the Wiarton Visitor Information Centre
Wiarton Willie Walkabout B. Climb on the spiral stair case at Spirit Rock
- The path winds among the ruins of the ‘Corran,’ a late 1800s mansion.
- From a spectacular view at the top of the escarpment, a spiral staircase circles down to the shore of Georgian Bay.
- More trails atop the escarpment lead you through fields and forests, with connecting links to the Bruce Trail.
- The area is known for its ruins, its Indian legends and its excellent viewpoint on Colpoy’s Bay.
Wiarton Willie Walkabout C. Tasty treats at Northern Confections
- Humana-humana… Steam Whistle Beer Brittle and Georgian Turtles Fudge!
- Candy, coffee bars, ice cream and chocolate… what more could you want?
Wiarton Willie Walkabout D. Wiarton Willie Mural.
- Shop downtown Wiarton and check out the neat shops.
- Canada Day Celebration: July 1st weekend, 2013
- Multisport Race: August 9 & 10, 2013
- Farmer’s Market: Friday mornings, May 24-Thanksgiving, 2013
There are currently no videos posted for this stop. Check back soon!