Passport Stop #3
Bruce Trail, Purple Valley
While you are here:
Visit Cape Croker Lighthouse
- Visit the 53 feet tall lighthouse
- The Fresnel lens was imported from France
Check out the Bruce Caves Conservation Area
- Consisting of 240 acres of hardwood forest and unique cave formations along the Niagara Escarpment, this Conservation Area overlooks scenic Colpoy’s Bay.
- The caves are significant in that they dramatically illustrate ancient weathering processes and the magnitude of post-glacial lake levels created 7,000 to 8,000 years ago.
- The most prominent cave has an enormous central pillar flanked by two arched entrances formed by the wave action of post-glacial Lake Algonquin.
Tasty treats at Northern Confections
- Humana-humana… Steam Whistle Beer Brittle and Georgian Turtles Fudge!
- Candy, coffee bars, ice cream and chocolate… what more could you want?
- Canada Day Celebration: July 1st weekend, 2013
- Multisport Race: August 9 & 10, 2013
- Farmer’s Market: Friday mornings, May 24-Thanksgiving, 2013
Stop #3 Videos
There are currently no videos posted for this stop. Check back soon!