- The “Explore the Bruce Adventure Passport” Contest (the “Contest”), operated by Bruce County Tourism (BCT), will commence May 1st, 2013 at 12:01 a.m. (EDT) and will conclude on October 31st, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (EST) (the “Contest Closing Date”). In order to participate in the Contest, entrants must fully comply with all the “Explore the Bruce Adventure Passport” rules contained herein (including the terms contained in the release form). A copy of these rules can be obtained from Bruce County Tourism, Box 129, 578 Brown St. Wiarton, ON N0H 2T0 1-800-268-3838 or passport.explorethebruce.com.
- Visit http://passport.explorethebruce.com for a printable version of the “Explore the Bruce Adventure Passport”, get it punched at a minimum of 7 out of the 12 stops while you are touring the Bruce. Then drop off completed Adventure Passports at participating Information Centres throughout the County, or mail them to Bruce County Tourism, Box 129, 578 Brown St. Wiarton, ON N0H 2T0 by the Contest Closing Date.
- The “Explore the Bruce Adventure Passport” contest will also include instant prizing on the radio and at major events throughout the Bruce during the contest period. When the contest closes, winners will be randomly selected from all validated passports to receive one of the Grand Prizes
- You may enter the contest as many times as you like, but only one (1) ballot per name will be entered into the final draw.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received prior to the Contest Closing Date. Bruce County Tourism (BCT), and Contest Sponsors will not accept entries by phone, fax, or any other method not specifically stated herein.
- Prize winners must be 19 or older, (Participants under the age of 19 will require parental consent to claim a prize unless otherwise specified).
- All entries shall become the property of BCT. BCT shall not be responsible for entries not received or not considered eligible due to incomplete, unclear, indecipherable information, or any other reason whatsoever. BCT assumes no liability for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, or misdirected entries during the Contest period. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should an attempt be made to do so, Bruce County Tourism, reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. All entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, forged, falsified, altered, or tampered with in any way.
- A BCT employee shall attempt to contact by telephone the selected Prize Winners within 2 weeks of the Contest Closing Date or draw deadline. In order to qualify as a winner, the selected entrants must be reachable by phone within the first 2 weeks of the Contest Closing Date or draw deadline and must meet all of the Contest rules. Should a selected entrant be unreachable during this 2 week time frame, or if they do not meet all of the Contest rules and regulations, BCT, shall select another entrant from the remaining eligible entries. A BCT employee shall attempt to contact the entrant of any such subsequent draws within 2 weeks of such selection and such selection will be otherwise subject to the same conditions as set out in these rules and regulations. The prizes will only be released after the BCT employee has confirmed that the eligible winners have complied with all rules and regulations contained herein.
- The contest is open to all residents of Canada and the United States. Participants under the age of 19 will require parental consent to claim a prize. Excluded from the contest are all employees, agents and representatives of the Contest organizer (BCT) and all of its divisions, parent corporation (County of Bruce), and of its advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of products, materials or services related to this contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common law spouse, and anyone domiciled with these employees, representatives and agents. Pets are not eligible for prizes.
- Information received from all contest entries will remain property of BCT, and will be used in accordance with the Privacy Legislation of the Government of Canada.
- All winners must sign a standard form releasing BCT, and all of its divisions, parent corporation, and the Contest sponsors and any other person or entity associated in any way with the Contest and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, stakeholders, employees, agents, and their respective advertising and promotional agencies from any and all liabilities arising in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, liability arising from the acceptance of the prizes as awarded and confirming compliance with the Contest rules and regulations.
- By entering the Contest, all entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media used by BCT, and the Contest Sponsors and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, without payment or compensation, throughout the world in perpetuity. The use of information from entries of contestants under the age of 18 will not be used for publicity, programming purposes–commercial or otherwise–in any media used by BCT, or the Contest Sponsors and their respective advertising and promotional agencies unless specific parental consent is given.
- Further, by entering the Contest, each entrant accepts these Contest rules and regulations, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually and which changes shall be posted only at www.explorethebruce.com. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases BCT, and all of their divisions and the Contest Sponsors and any other person or entity associated in any way with the Contest, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents and their respective advertising and promotional agencies from any and all liability arising in connection with the Contest, including without limitation, the selection of the eligible winner and the administration of the Contest.
- BCT, and Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute, terminate, withdraw, suspend or cancel any portion of the Contest and/or component of the Prize at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever in their sole discretion. The Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or other substitutes, except where stated. If BCT, and any Contest sponsor decide to substitute a prize, or a portion of a prize, they will do so for a prize of approximately the same value.
- The decision of the Contest judges is final. No telephone contact will be entered into except with the eligible winners.
- The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations.
- The Contest and the terms and conditions contained in these rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You, the Contest entrant, agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to the Contest and these terms and conditions shall be filed only in the provincial or federal courts located in Toronto, Ontario, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
Grand Prize Details:
Includes one (1) Casio CDP220 88 Key Full- size Digital Piano. Sponsored by A & R Music in Walkerton. Approx value: $500.00. One (1) Winner. No Cash Value. Minimum 7 stop is required to be eligible for this prize.
The Paddle Package
Includes: one (1) 16 foot Nova Craft Prospector made of sp3, two (2) Grey Owl canoe paddles, one (1) Coast guard approved PFD, one (1) Fox 40 Saftey Kit, one (1) 30 liter baha water proof bag, one (1) car top carrier kit, one (1)Free shuttle Service on the Saugeen River anywhere between Paisley and Southampton. Sponsored by Thorncrest Outfitters. Approx value: $2,150. One (1) winner. No cash value. Minimum 7 stops plus the Paddle Punch is required to be eligible for this prize.
Cultural Retreat – 2 Night Stay & Museum Membership
Includes one (1) one year Family Membership at the Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre, two (2) nights accommodation and breakfast at Chantry Breezes B&B. Reservations required for Bed & Breakfast. Sponsored by Bruce County Museum and Cultural Centre and Chantry Breezes B&B. Approx. value $380. One (1) winner. No cash value. Minimum 7 stops required to be eligible for this prize.
Dine in the Vines
This year, join us at the 2013 Adventure Passport Launch Party (June 8th, 2013) to find the one (1) specially marked walking stick. The lucky person who finds this stick will receive “Dine in the Vines” Dinner for six (6) at Carrick Wines & Ciders. Sponsored by Carrick Wines & Ciders. Approx. value $1,000. One (1) winner. No cash value. Winner must contact Bruce County Tourism and Carrick Wines & Ciders to claim prize.
1 Week Family Cottage Rental
Spend one week at Lion’s Head Beach Motel and Cottages in Alyssa’ Place for 2 adults and 2 children. Opened all year round. Reservations are required, booking is subject to availability. Shoulder season; does not include Canada Day to Labour Day. No Pet Policy. No cash value. Minimum 12 stops required to be eligible for this prize.
Dine at the Mill
Includes: one (1) dinner for 6 people at Nature’s Millworks. Sponsored by Nature’s Millworks. Approx. value $500. One (1) winner. No cash value. Visiting the geocache trinket on the Nature’s Millworks trails and signing the guest book is required to be eligible for this prize.
Cruise the streets on a bike.
Includes one (1) bike. Sponsored by Martin’s Bike Shop. Approx. value $500. One (1) winner. No cash value. Minimum 7 stops required to be eligible for this prize.
2 Night Golf Getaway
Spend the weekend in Saugeen Shores and play two terrific golf courses while staying at Port Elgin Super 8.
Includes two (2) nights accommodation in one of the traditional rooms, play two (2) rounds of golf at Chippewa Golf Club, Saugeen Golf Club or Piper’s Glen, one (1) power cart for every two (2) people, two (2) $10.00 food vouchers (one for each day to be used at the golf course), hot breakfast on each morning to be served at the Port Elgin Super 8 coffee shop, choice of one (1) Port Elgin Super 8 item (t-shirt, ball cap or one (1) sleeve of golf balls), unlimited use of the driving range at Saugeen Golf Club and divot repair tool. Reservations are required. Sponsored by Port Elgin Super 8. Approx. value $500. One (1) winner. No cash value. Minimum 7 stops required to be eligible for this prize.
2 Night Motorcycle Weekend
Includes: one (1) two night stay at Taylor- Made B&B and $1000 in gear from Tennyson’s of Underwood. Get geared up with Tennyson’s of Underwood then cruise all over Bruce County on your bike. Sponsored by Tennyson’s of Underwood and Taylor – Made B&B. Approx. value $1,000. Must have all 7 motorcycle stops and provide proof motorcycle license to claim the prize.
Includes: one (1) two night stay at Best Western Plus in Walkerton, one (1) $50 Gift Certificate to Walker’s Landing Pub & Eatery, Two (2) Garden Tours to Folmer Landscaping & Garden Centre, One (1) tour at Carrick Wines, one (1) fly fishing package..
Sponsored by Walkerton Chamber of Commerce, Best Western Plus, Walker’s Landing Pub, Folmer’s Garden Centre, Carrick Wines & Ciders, Lobies Park Campground.. Approx. value $900. One (1) winner. No cash value. Minimum 7 stops required to be eligible for this prize.
2 Night Cottage and Paddle Rental with Breakfast
Includes: one (1) two night cottage rental, one day paddle rental, and breakfast. Sponsored by Summer House Park. Approx. value $500. One (1) winner. No cash value. Minimum 7 stops required to be eligible for this prize.
Tobermory Weekend for Four
Includes: one (1) motel room for four, four (4) boat passes, and four (4) Beaver tails. Sponsored by The Blue Heron Company. Approx. value $550. One (1) winner. No cash value. Minimum 7 stops required to be eligible for this prize.
Port Elgin, Southampton and Beachin’ Shopping Spree
Includes: one (1) $600.00 Chamber bucks and one (1) $400.00 Beachin’ Bucks. Sponsored by Saugeen Shores Chamber of Commerce and Beachin’ & Jack n Jill’s. Approx. value $1000. One (1) winner. No cash value. Minimum 7 stops required to be eligible for this prize.
One of a Kind Coffee Table with Organ Pipes Inside
Truly one-of-a kind coffee table to the cause. It is VERY unique and eclectic. It is about 5’ long and 2’ wide, built as a box so it contains 5 wooden organ pipes inside. The source of the pipes as well as how closed resonating air columns work is also part of the enclosure. The pipes can be removed and sounded if one has the lung capacity to make this happen. Obviously the glass cover can be removed to get at the pipes! This item is just too cool!
Sponsored by Nature’s Millworks. Approx. value $750. One (1) winner. No cash value. Minimum 7 stops required to be eligible for this prize.
Kite Riding Beginners Lesson
Most popular lesson program. A single day course that includes Ground School, In the Water and Up and Riding. All 3 classes (regular $500 value) are combined in 1 day. Sponsored by Kite Rider. Approx. value $400. One (1) winner. No cash value. Minimum 7 stops required to be eligible for this prize.
Wiarton Willie BaseCamp Prize
Includes: two night stay at Island View B&B and a Gift Basket filled with Wiarton Willie Specials and Gift Certificates. Sponsored by Wiarton Chamber of Commerce, Island View B &B, Rankin River Trading Co, Josie’s Fashions, Ram Trophies & sportswear, Wiarton Foodland, Wiarton Inn, Northern Confections, The Cluttered Cupboard. Approx. value $500. One (1) winner. No cash value. Minimum 7 stops and all 5 Wiarton Willie Walkabout Stops required to be eligible for this prize.